Srivanjiyam temple is located near Nannilam in Tanjore district of TamilNadu. It is 16kms South of Tiruvarur.This temple has several unique features not to be seen else.
- Usually, in any temple after entering Lord Vinayaka is the first deity to be worshipped. But here, Lord Yama (God of Death) along with his assistant Chitra Gupta is worshipped.
- Lord Kala Bhairava is seen seated in a meditative pose opposite to Goddess Kali. This is a very rare thing in temple architecture.
- The main deity Lord Shiva has 16 layers of yantra beneath him – Prana Yantra, Mrutyunjaya Yantra etc. That is why this temple is visited by people who have severe physical ailments or life threatening conditions.
- Rahu and Ketu are seen in a single idol which is a rare Navagraha combination.
- The teertha is called Gupta Ganga and this temple is considered equal to Kashi.
- Normally temples are closed during eclipses. But this temple is kept open during that time and special pujas are offered.
- There is a cremation ground right opposite to this temple and the temple is never closed during such events.
- It is said that a Prana Yatra along with various other powerful yantras have been installed below the main deity which bestows good health on persons visting them.
Time : 6 AM -12: 30 PM and 4 PM -8 PM
Contact : Swaminathan Gurukal 98421 81507 / 94880 03071
Rajaraja Gurkkal 9442403926/9788759330
Travel Operator Contact Informations:
South India Vacation
Mobile : 8144977442
Email Id :firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Srivanchiyam, Tamil Nadu 610107, India